Saturday 13 March 2010

happy and sad all in one week



First the happy news - Doodlebug reached 1 last saturday (yes i am a bit late in updating!) I cant believe that a whole year has gone by already. End of sterilising bottles - YAY! We had a little family tea party for her and she looked so cute in her party dress. Mummy made yummy cup cakes with creamy swirly pink icing and glitter. I was so proud of them as I am NOT a cook, but I followed the hummingbird bakery recipe book to the letter and the result was yummy! I admit i ate 3 in one day!!!
Its funny how Doodlebug reaching 1 has reminded me of Fluffy when he was younger. Little things come back to me like how he called Elephants ENTER-FANTS and when learning his colours he'd repeat Red - RED, Blue - BLUE, Green - GEEN, Yellow - HMMM
He would never say yellow always Hmmmm. Then tehre was wobbly head - dont ask - it was just funny - guess you had to be there. Anyway the memories are there and its amazing that in 8 years I had forgotten so much. I MUST WRITETHEM ALL DOWN!!
ANother good thing this week, the little one is almost walking - 27 steps tonight and of course she applaudes herself after!
The sad news is we lost our Blizzi -

I cant quite come to terms with it really as it happened so quickly and Fluffy was devastated. He only went to the vet for a check up on his asthma and died as soon as we got there - i think the stress tipped him over the edge. I feel so guilty as since doodle was born, i'd not shown him as much love and attention, but i did love that cat. Fluffy and I bought a rose to put on his grave - a white one in his memory. RIP dear Blizzi.
Might stop doing this blog as cant really imagine anyone wanting to read my ramblings. Might start a journal instead. Need to think about it!
AGH Doodlebug just found my wine!!! She sure love the flavour LOL!

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday for last saturday..for your little;big girl...i am enjoying your ramblings.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah thank you on both counts - they really are ramblings too - but i was enjoying writing them - until we lost the cat and then i just wasnt in the right frame ofmind. i shall ramble on then!

    ReplyDelete