Sunday 22 August 2010

Busy Busy Busy and SEW much still to do



Holiday in 3 days time and typical me, I decided I wasnt going to spend £12 on those fancy but oh so gorgeous flip flops that they sell on the high street - no I was going to buy a cheap material pair and customise it myself with pretty buttons and beads. This is my finished effort.


Not only that but I remembered i have 3 items of clothing to take up (using my new sewing machine which i have only tried out once) for the holiday and to top it off I decided i wanted to finally make the ruffle t-shirt makeover as seen on Tea Rose Home blog (http://tearosehome.blogspot.com/) - well actually I decided to go for the pretty flower makeover one instead. Actually u cant really see it properly hee - but i was pleased with it! Yes thats so typical of me - always having a million and one creative projects to be done (mostly picked up from lots of talented bloggers) and I decide to do them all 3 days before holiday!!! Well trousers taken up (2 more to do), t-shirt prepped (45 circles cut out - ouch my scissor fingers hurt!), beads strung and ready to be sew on to flip flops, and only the restto do tomorrow...oh yeah and forgot , I have still gotto make the remainder of teh 19 thank you cards for Doodlebug's christening gifts! WHY do i do itto myself - i bet no one really is that impressed (they SHOULD be - I used my pretty polka dot mini buttons on the cards - i'll be snatching them back!! LOL!) I guess i do it cos i love it - i may not be as talented as Tea Rose Home with her beautiful sewing or all the other ladies i follow on the blogs, but I have been mildly impressed taht I have managed to produce something that I made and I like. Just wish it didnttake me hours when all teh tutorials say a 20 minute project. Oh well I guess i'll get quicker! h I almost forgot I also tackled making my first ever REAL curry using individual spices, courtesy of my friend Rita AND it worked outgreat , albeit a tad too hot - too much chilli powder this time, But it was yum (between slurps of apple juice to cool my tongue)

Hey this has been all about me me me tonight. Thought it was sposed to be about my kids. Well I am thinking I might add a few creative touches in here too so when i am old, I can look back and smile. Hey maybe i'll get a couple more readers too - ha ha. Will postthe photos when i finish t he projects IF I GET TIME

Good night from me x

No comments:

Post a Comment